Sunday, April 03, 2005

R.I.P. Karol Jozef Wojtyla...

Although a tad behind the rest of the world, we here at INFDL honor the passing of the Pontiff. He was a man of a courageous anti-tyrannical bent. A man who, unlike Gorbachev, deserves to stand alongside Reagan as the men who slaid the bloodiest regime in human history.

My personal highlight? Watching the footage of Pope John Paul II drop to his knees in Warsaw and kiss the ground as thousands of the oppressed masses cheered him on. Warsaw was, of course, under the thumb at that point (of which Brig knows a mighty amount more than I), and it was seen as a revolutionary Fuck You (not the Pope's words, but mine) to communism.

May they find a man as courageous and accessible to succeed as one Karol Jozef Wojtyla. He revolutionized the Papalcy and brought it to the people. An idea: what if the next Pope used every tool at his disposal to "bring it to the people"? How about a Papal blog? No laughing please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear author,
I do not think that you are right when advertising that Reagan was better than Gorbachev. I think you are deluded or just a typical american who chooses to see the bits of history that allow them to keep alive their fantasy of present and history. If I were you, I would start reading before making and even bigger ass out of myself.

Sincerely,
Andres Briano