Monday, February 07, 2005

Attn: TommAy...

Did you, at any time in your service towards the Ukrainian elections, ever meet this angel (extra thanx to Ace)? If only we had someone this lovely to vote for in the states...

TommAy responds: ah yes, Yulia. Besides being an angelic piece of joy to look at (though I think of her more in terms of making out than angelic), she's a real sparkplug. Yeah, she was a leader of the Orange Revolution, Yushchenko's number 2 in fact. During that initial critical period Yushchenko could not be physically present alot of the time, for safety reasons I'm sure, so she would represent him and lead the movement in the meantime--front and center, taking on all comers. It was like you could see her bouncing from side to side with her clenched fists by her chest… Kind of like, ‘Come on mother fucka’! You got it in you?’ Aesthetically she brought "balance" to the "face" of the O.R. "A little bit hotness, a little bit Quasimoto", I think, could best theme it. Though not to diminish Yushchenko at all on account of his face, because there's no question that he's a certified P-I-M-P (more on that at a later time). But to answer your question; no, I missed catching a glimpse of her, and by only a few minutes actually. You see, I, unlike those hundreds of thousands of brave souls, was not all about freezing my ass off for very long in that ass-cold square in Kiev (they need to rename it "Ass-cold Square" in honor of those whose asses froze). After accompanying the marchers for a few hours walking all over creation, we winded back down to Independence Sqare where I stayed for about an hour, got lots of pictures, listened to the music presentation, and then booked it back to my hotel. Enough history making for me, it was way too damn cold for any more of it. 15 minutes later in my hotel room, I turn on the TV and there she is, cute as ever and waving her fist in the air (she would do the same thing in front of parliament that whole time as well, btw). Had I stayed a little longer, I could have caught a glimple of a real star, as opposed to catching glimpses of Ukrainian breakdancers and rock bands akin to Gorky Park. But it was still pretty early into the protests at that point, only 2 days into it, so she hadn't yet become the international figure she is. Had I known that she would, I would have willfully kept my asscheeks frozen for a little while longer to see her.
PS When I discover how to post pictures, I'll put some of them up. Out.

No comments: