Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Ah, the Memories

It seems perfectly natural that I should be blogging with Sean because of an event that occured a long time ago.

When we were in high school Sean and I were in a health class together. Our teacher looked remarkably like a chicken and one day Sean passed me a note advocating the position that any man who engaged in amorous activities with her would become subject to criminal charges of indecency with a barnyard fowl. I read the note, stifled a chuckle, added a comment of my own, and then passed it back to him.

Unfortunately, my note passing technique was distinctly sub-par and the teacher caught me. Sean had the note in his hand when she demanded it. "Give me the note so I can read it to the whole class." I was a dead man (Sean was too, of course, but I was only worried about my own skin at the moment).

Sean froze, but only for a moment, and then he said "you want this?" Before the teacher could reply he crammed it in his mouth and ate it. It was the most brilliant piece of thinking under fire I have ever seen in my entire life. The class erupted in laughter and even the teacher joined in.

It was a very close run thing. I was so scared I nearly deposited a turd in my underpants.

Anyway, here we are, still passing notes back and forth.

Now, if Tom had written the note and the teacher had caught him, I susptect he would have just read it out loud to the class all by himself.

Sean Adds: Ah yes, it is all coming back to me now. Mrs. Koffard. The poor thing really was built in the image of a game hen. Me and Noah (mostly me) were ruthless. I do remember getting Noah in trouble a few times. Perhaps I should go into espionage, with my advanced self-destruct mechanisms. Call me Sandy Berger!

1 comment:

rysolag said...

Hi,

--- www.blogladder.com ---

This is an invite to blogladder.com. You can change the colors at the bottom of the home page; there are 20+ color combos. You can also change the header animations; click the little square in the bottom right corner of the header. Your entries are likely to get more feedback as this is a community blogging site.

Have a nice day - come check us out!